notes from the shore

Adventures in Home Recording

Production Update Sept-23

Head 0923I’ve stolen a couple of evenings to work a bit more on tracking Oh Sacred Head. I wish I had taken more screen shots of my progress. That way we could track together all the way to the end.

Anyway, I can play my WX5 despite my broken finger (left ring). Last night and tonight I tracked the rest of Horn 1 (grey track) and  the beginning of Horn 2 (top gold track).

I’ve also discovered a new free convolution reverb that may become my go-to reverb. It’s called Reverberate. Unlike SIR and Cakewalk’s Perfect Space, which sum the inputs to mono before applying the IR, Reverberate takes the left and right inputs, applies the left and right channels of the IR, and sends them out the left and right outputs. They call this “Parallel Stereo“, as opposed to their pay version which is “True Stereo.”

So far I really like the sound and the stereo separation.

Oh, and the new music computer still isn’t working. I can’t get the SATA drive working. A friend will come over (soon, I hope) to help me out with that.

Advertisements

September 23, 2009 - Posted by | Hymn CD Project, Plugins, Production Diary | , , , ,

1 Comment »

  1. […] you can see that all the instruments are present and fully accounted for. Compare to the last entry and you can see the progress. The rest of Horn 2, Trombones 1 and 2, Bass Trombone and Tuba have […]

    Pingback by Production Update 10-01-09 « playing in peoria | October 16, 2009 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: